Mel's Healing Pilgrimage 2016

Links to the Camino de Santiago pilgrimages are on the navigation links to the right of the web page.


Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Do you see what I see?

After the rains above Los Angeles, Feb 2014

From a place of beauty
where the bouncing wind thumps
against a wood frame window

Watching shape shifting clouds
wander confused and dazed
between the mountains and city below

Listening to parrots chatter
catching coyotes scampering
smiling at that cat rolling in the grass

I sit restlessly
frustrated
not in a state of peace.

Unease competes with my senses
like an itch on my back
distracting me from appreciation

Because in places far away and maybe even nearby
the same glorious sights, sounds, and smells
thud hollow on the heart.

For if I were a refugee, a hungry child, or a widow
would I see, hear, and feel
the same things as the privileged

this man who sits in his warm home he calls his own
staring out the window
seeing the beauty because of good fortune?


No comments :

Post a Comment