Mel's Healing Pilgrimage 2016

Links to the Camino de Santiago pilgrimages are on the navigation links to the right of the web page.


Thursday, April 17, 2014

Stations of the Cross - Photoessay using Sculptures

As part of my Lenten prayers, I've been pondering the Stations of the Cross. Instead of using traditional art forms of the Passion itself, however, I chose to apply some of the artistic works that I've seen through the years.

So this year, I'm using sculptures and statues to convey the way the Stations of the Cross resonate with me. I invite you to join me on this photoessay adventure. And, I hope, the metaphor and emotional connections I'm making will find some place in your mind and heart.

The Stations of the Cross (or Way of the Cross, or Via Crucis, or Via Dolorosa) refers to a devotional depiction of the final hours of Christ. Though the statues I photographed aren't specifically of Jesus, I hope that the Passion that Christ endured will become apparent.

Stations of the Cross Photoessay - 1 - Jesus is condemned to death >

No comments :

Post a Comment