Mel's Healing Pilgrimage 2016

Links to the Camino de Santiago pilgrimages are on the navigation links to the right of the web page.


Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 8 - May the Rain Fall Softly Upon Your Fields

I slept in. I had to. I was tired.

Even had a meat and Zum de naranja breakfast from the salami & juice I bought at the market last night. Joy!


The fields and villages and churches all lifted my spirit. Even the 1.50euro for pincho and vino (swapped out to Orangeaid) and winery viewing was awesome.




After leaving Cacabelo though, the rain started. It came down slowly then hard all the way to the village of Villafranca del Bierzo.



As I muttered about the inconvenience, I noticed the workers toiling in the fields, the rain wetting their backs.

They like others toil for our wine. God bless them.


And I was humbled.

No comments :

Post a Comment