Mel's Healing Pilgrimage 2016

Links to the Camino de Santiago pilgrimages are on the navigation links to the right of the web page.


Thursday, July 20, 2023

The yoke is on us - July 20

Today’s Mass reading seems so appropriate for our last night on the Camino.

Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

We walk this Camino carrying so much. We literally shoulder the weight of our packs. But we have been offered a way to ease our pain, and share it with the One who always walks beside us. The yoke is on us, if we let it. And we can ease our burden and, after all these weeks of walking, find our rest.

We end our Camino tomorrow. May we find the rest we seek.

No comments :

Post a Comment