Mel's Healing Pilgrimage 2016

Links to the Camino de Santiago pilgrimages are on the navigation links to the right of the web page.


Monday, July 3, 2023

Waiting for Gorgeous - June 30, 2023

I wanted this section of the Camino so bad. I remembered how gorgeous the flowers were last time I walked this way. I was hoping it wasn’t a fluke.
And the flowers, especially the amazing red poppies, were present and beautiful. And, I realized that in the abundance around me, it wasn’t enough. I knew there was potential for more beauty. I had a glimpse of it once. So what was it I really wanted?
And I realized that night, as we slept in the bottom floor of a nearly empty ancient albergue in Castrojeriz, that Heaven on earth was all I wanted. Is that too much to ask for? I wanted unparalleled beauty and peace, with the lion sitting next to the lamb. Where death has no hold on us and we don’t have to time our visits to flower fields.
I know waiting is part of our lives on earth. I’ve gotten used to it. It’s worth the work to till the soil until we get that piece of Heaven, to forever be living in the gorgeous.

No comments :

Post a Comment